Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Blog Exposed!

OK - so let me clarify something. I can stop swearing.

Sure I swear but it's not like I'm known for it. My friends don't call me sweary-swear-alot or anything (but why would they? That would be, like, the worst nickname anyone could come up with in the history of ever). And sure there are times I swear out loud too. Like when either part of Speidhi do ANYTHING in public (BLOG etiquette question: too early in the relationship to divulge an almost pathological addiction to The Hills... in fact to all bad television? Possibly...). I mean what the fuck is with that bum fluff beard? (see I can't help myself). Look I guess the point is that while I do swear I can stop...

So why the title of the blog?

Simple really. It is the title of my debut novel and a bit of shameless self-promotion.

It's a comedic tale charting a year in the life of a mid 30's advertising copywriter who is desperately trying to reinvent himself as a... well that's just it - he doesn't know what he wants to be. So he decides to have a crack at a whole lot of things. It's the story of when someone grows tired of their own arrested development. I guess it is the moment Peter Pan grows up. It's funny, moving, witty...and will never be written. In my own way I think I realised that at this point I have neither the capacity or inclination to sit down and write it and I'm certain that by the time I do I would have grown bored of it and moved on... But I loved the title.

So fuck it - why not use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment